Monday, February 28, 2011

Complaining in Run-on Sentences.

Otto and I were sick all weekend - him with a fever and and complaining of a tummy ache and just generally wearing his toddler cranky pants and me with sinus pain and congestion and headache and even bigger, mom-sized cranky pants.  That said, somehow all the chores managed to get done because one thing I have learned is that when you are a mom THERE ARE NO SICK DAYS.  Sorry to break it to you, aspiring mothers, but better you should find out now.

And then this morning, I slept through my workout in an attempt to kick the crud and was dreaming all night about softening the blow of a sick Monday morning with a bowl of cereal with blueberries and cashews but then when I went to make said bowl of cereal, the cashews had MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED but I suspect a CERTAIN SOMEONE who was drinking beer and watching the Oscars last night.  Ahem.

And so, this week is 0 for 2 and but at least we still had green tea and honey and today is payday so we can finally afford to really go grocery shopping. 

Bring it.

No comments: