Friday, August 29, 2008

Thoughts on Leaders and Traitors. In that order.

1. How much did the speech last night rule? Sure it was a production, carefully choreographed to deliver the optimum amount of political sparkle with a dash of inspiration thrown in. But trim down the 84,000 in the arena, the fireworks, the celebrities and just listen to the words. Historic. Inspiring. Hopeful. Crossing my fingers for us all.


2. Ooooooh the blogosphere is all abuzz about McSame's VP pick. OMG its a woman! How very 21st century!!! Barf. While his choice may be wise from a tactical perspective, it smacks of such blatant hypocrisy that I had a hard time swallowing my morning joe due to nausea.

First off, I agree with BitchPhD. that Joe Biden will need to be very, very careful in debates in order to avoid the sting of sexism. That being said, all he really need do, as BitchPhD. says, is compare Palin to Bush. Jesus-crazy conservative Governor of an oil rich state? Check. Wants to deny women the right to control their own bodies? Check. Etc. Etc.

And let me just say, how any woman can truly buy into the anti-woman republican platform is beyond me. But to each her own, I suppose.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I'm with you on McCain's pick. He doesn't respect women - look how he treats his wife! This was a strategic move, not one born of a sincere motive.
This election is scary. There's so much at stake.