Thursday, October 25, 2007

one month old!


Yesterday was Otto's one-month birthday. Or whatever you call that. We went to the pediatrician's office for a 'weight check' and he is (drumroll...) 10 lbs., 11 oz. Ye Gods! Mama's got some sweet milk. He's also around the 80th percentile for height and head circumference. What a bruiser.

Now that all the visitors are finally gone (The Husband's folks left on Saturday), I feel like our lives as parents have truly started. Its a little weird being home everyday...I keep thinking in the back of my mind that I'm going to have to get up and go to work...but in reality, that's not for another 8 weeks! I'm so glad I'm taking the full 12 weeks of maternity leave. Right now, I can't imagine handing this little guy over to strangers...(sob)

The weather has been really pretty so we've been trying to get out everyday- taking the dog for walks, visiting the husband at work, running errands. Housework has been put on the back burner, but honestly, I really don't care. I'm keeping up with laundry and dishes and the other stuff can just wait, as far as I'm concerned.

All in all, I'd have to say I'm enjoying the Mama thing pretty completely. I've had a couple moments of feeling down in the dumps but they tend to pass pretty quickly and be replaced by complete awe at this new little dude that takes up so much of our time.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Happy one month birthday, you handsome man!! He really is a looker. ;)

Good for you for sitting back and enjoying the time you have at home for him. If you are managing laundry and dishes AND newborn care, then kudos to you, mama. Everything else can and should wait.

Oh, those first weeks and months are all so wonderful and so hard. There are definitely ups and downs, and sometimes more downs than ups . . . but it gets better. Really, it does! To be honest, the hardest time in my life was from when Dacey was about 6 weeks old until she was about 4 months old. Every month after 4 months was my absolute favorite. It just keeps getting better.

Hang in there, mama. It goes by so fast, you will not even believe it!! I'm just an email away if you ever wanna talk.

*hugs*