Monday, November 26, 2007

Odds and Ends. Mostly Odds.

Thanksgiving was the typical family fest it is every year...food, loud talking, crazy hyper children, and a drunk grandma. Yay! The only difference this year was that Otto is here and he was constantly being stolen from me. I really don't mind other people holding him...really, I don't! But I confess that I like it when people ask permission..."can I hold him?" or "Ok if I see that cute little bugger?" I DO NOT like it when people simply grab him out of my arms with out a word. Does that make me a selfish bitch? Probably. Deal with it.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Moving on...we came into some money over the weekend, which was nice. So on our way home on Friday, we stopped and did some furniture shopping. Yay again! There is a leather recliner being delivered this Friday. I can't wait. The chair it is replacing is a relic from the Husband's bachelor days and has been serving as a cat scratching post for the past 7 years. So you can imagine how perfectly gorgeous it must be.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm trying VERY VERY HARD to make it through reading the Lord of the Rings. I love the movies and the Husband has read the 3 books, like, a MILLION times but for some reason, I've never been able to make it through them. I consider myself an avid reader and a lover of fantasy, so I'm not sure why I find this particular book (we have all 3 books in one volume- its over 1000 pages) to be so bloody difficult. Tolkien's style of writing is a little flower-y or something I guess and my father pointed out that the books (unlike the film version) lack any strong female characters. Maybe that's my problem...who knows. But I have vowed to get through it this time. We'll see what happens.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And finally, I'll leave you with evidence of how super cold it has been lately:






2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh, look at snuggled up little Otto! BRRRRR!

Hey, I never was able to finish any of the LOTR books either. I even had to teach it one year! Yes, I have taught a book I did not actually read. I should be ashamed.

Anyway, glad to hear all is well. I have been wondering about ya'll!

I answered your question today at the ol' bloggy blog. :)

buffy said...

he is so cutie! this picture is adorable.