Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Its the Hap-happiest Time

Greetings from -20-degrees-with-the-wind-chill-land. Yeah. Its nipply out. (What am I saying? Nipple? Hahaha. Wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter...uh...hotter than they are!)

Some highlights from the last few days:

We went up to get our tree last weekend. It was fun except for when the whiny toddler got all "I don't wanna" on us but we forced a little 'old-fashioned family xmas' fun on him anyway. I carried him on my back in the Ergo and it only took about 20 min of hiking to locate the perfect fir. Ruby had a good time anyway.


Earlier that morning, (which might account for some of the whininess...he HAD already met Santa so really, what else is there?) we had breakfast with Santa and got a picture taken. To me, in this picture it looks like Otto just told Santa that he wants new parents that won't force him to go up to the snowy mountains to cut down xmas trees. Santa is wishing for whiskey as I'm sure he's realizing what a long morning he's in for.


And lastly, a parting shot of Otto rocking the husband's aviators. Don't mess with him.


Hope you're all hanging on to your sanity. My holiday shopping is done (we're going minimalist this year, so it wasn't really hard) and now I've just got to get through the rest of the month. I'm with Santa on the whiskey.

No comments: