Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Realizations

1.  I need to start writing in a journal again.  Blog/facebook/twitter do not take the place of pen and paper for purging my brain of clogging thoughts and feelings.  I'm feeling mentally constipated and need to get that shit out.  I've been feeling that way for a couple weeks and only just now realized the solution was just to sit and write.  Now to carve out some time, another problem entirely.  :-)

2.  I want more tattoos.  I have 6 or so tattoos but I want more!  I want something on my foot that has to do with running (a recent idea)  and I want a forearm tattoo of a key (an idea I've had for ages.)    As far as the running tattoo,  I've been thinking of a pronghorn.  I see these gorgeous creatures almost daily on my runs and their wiki article contains a quote calling them "the true marathoners of the American West."  They are super beautiful and such graceful, amazing runners.  The only problem is that I don't want a 'western' tattoo and I'm worried that without the right artist, that might be exactly what I'd get.  Thoughts?

3.  I need to change up my skincare routine.  I've been breaking out a lot more lately and the only thing I can think to attribute it to is the increased sweating from working out and the warm weather.  To be honest, I can't afford pricey cleansers/lotions etc. so for almost my entire adult life I've used Dove soap in the evening and a gentle facial cleanser (like Olay) in the am.  I love Say Yes to Carrots face lotion , both their day and night versions.  Not sure where to go from here...anyone have affordable all or mostly natural products that they love?  I'm thinking I might need to switch to something made for 'normal-oily' as opposed to 'normal'?

4.  Louis CK is a genius.  If you haven't already, check out his show Louie on Hulu.  Its the most hilarious thing ever.  I heart him big time.

No comments: