Monday, September 17, 2007

T-1

(One day until my due date. Eeep!)

Me -oh- my, what fun, what fun!! Been having all kinds of excitement here at Chez Bird Brain. Aside from just the general excitement and anticipation, that is. I got a phone call last week informing me that my midwife had been in a bad bike wreck and shattered her ankle. Ack! Fortunately, she will be ok, but it casts doubt on whether she will make it to our birth or not. Supposedly, she's supposed to be back part time this week, so we are crossing our fingers.

Due to the midwife being laid up, I saw an OB/GYN in the same practice for my appointment on Friday. I've seen her before and she's nice enough, I suppose. She did, however, strip my membranes without asking me- she was doing the cervical check and when I yelped in pain, she said, "oh, I just stripped your membranes to see if we can get something going." JEEBUS. NOT cool. It did seem to stimulate something, however, as I lost my mucus plug yesterday. (FYI: This was pretty gross. Imagine an enormous, bloody booger. Aren't you glad I'm here to share these things with you?)

So we are just twiddling our thumbs, waiting for Otto to make his appearance. I'm still working, which sort of goes against every instict I have right now...I feel like I should just be home nesting and waiting in my safe coccoon, not interacting with nosy people at work.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Hey mama! Just saw your thread at MDC. I am so sorry you are having to change directions at this point. You have done lots of preparing - mentally and physically - for the birth you want. You and hubby will do great!! I am sending you many, many positive and happy birth vibes. Hopefully things get started for you soon!