Friday, January 18, 2008

I SO Needed That

A good night's sleep, that is. I've been fighting this terrible cold all week (one that I am sure Otto brought home from daycare) but soldiering on to work every day like the true martyr I am. And last night, I was so tired, I was pretty sure that I was going to fall over dead onto the cold kitchen linoleum while washing my pump parts and bagging up milk. (Milk is my LIFE these days. Don't get me started.)

"Please," I begged Otto as he nursed right before bed, all snuggly and soft and good smelling after a bath, "please sleep for Mama tonight. Otherwise, you may become an orphan because I will die of tiredness and snotty nosed-ness."

And guess what!? He listened. Praises be! He went down at 8:00, woke up to nurse at 12:00 and then again at 4:00. But as I'm getting really good at waking up momentarily to latch him on and then going to sleep again right away, this means I was only awake for 6 minutes or so all night.

And today, I feel So. Much. Better.

Thank goodness. That was a close one. And now I just have to make it through today and then we have a 3-day weekend. Huzzah!

No comments: