Monday, January 7, 2008

My Favorite Things- A List**

A list of some of my favorite things right now (in no particular order):

Hangin' with my man and my cute as hell little boy.

Baby kisses.

Camping, hiking, snowshoeing...all that stuff. (Even though I don't really get to do this stuff much these days, I like daydreaming about it ;-)

Online shopping. (Especially here and here)

Knitting. (See note next to "Camping, hiking, snowshoeing..."above)

Breastfeeding in the middle of the night. (Ok, so I know this one is sort of weird, but there's something beautiful about nursing a sleepy baby in the quiet house...)

Good movies***/TV shows on DVD.

Comfort food on cold winter evenings.

Bust Magazine.

Mothering.com .

Hot tea and toast on snowy weekend afternoons.

Pedicures. (Again, see note next to "Camping, hiking, snowshoeing..."above)

A cold beer. Mmmmm. Or hot chocolate with Bailey's in it. Double Mmmmm. ****



**Yes. I'm taking advice from Julie Frickin' Andrews. "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad..." I'm here at work trying to make the time go by until I can go get Otto. How lame am I??
***If you liked Napoleon Dynamite, you will like Hot Rod. Trust me.

****Ok, so I know that I am nursing but my lactation consultants say the general rule is "if you can drive, you can breastfeed." I'm not even going that far- I have a one drink limit. But oh boy do I enjoy that one drink.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

You know, I really enjoy my quiet time with AJ nursing in the middle of the night, too. It's so calm and peaceful and uninterupted.

I might take you up on the Hot Rod movie as I am a huge Napoleon fan.

And I myself am enjoying a nice cold beer after a hard day right at this moment. Good stuff.