Monday, February 25, 2008

I'd Like to Thank the Academy

This weekend was so fun. Really! On Saturday, I took Otto swimming for the first time. He had the best. time. ever. He was a little worried in the beginning, kept giving me looks like "Mama...what the hell are we doing??" but after a bit, he really warmed up to it. By the end he was kicking and splashing and smiling and breaking other swimmers' hearts with his cuteness. We were only in the water maybe 30 minutes and I think he could have tolerated more but I didn't want to push my luck...I knew I still had to get through the locker room and the ride home. I needn't have worried- he was a doll the entire time.

That night we visited some friends but then when I got home I realized I had locked myself and Otto out of the house. Oops. Fortunately, the Husband was on his way home from getting tattooed and we only had to wait in the car for 15 min. or so. Otto nursed off to sleep and I just sat in the back seat listening to Prairie Home Companion and watching the snow fall.

Yesterday, we had our new bed delivered- YEE HAW. Its a little taller than our other mattress so the co-sleeper doesn't quite fit the way it used to. But I think it will work for now, and besides, Otto spends most of the night in bed with us so its not a big deal. I do worry about what will happen when he starts crawling though...maybe we'll just forgo the frame and headboard and put our mattress on the floor? Or I've seen things about sidecaring a crib...I'll have to do some research.

Finally, last night, we watched the Oscars, which we weren't really planning to do but we got sucked in by the hairdo's and fancy garb. I'd actually seen some of the films nominated for various things, which made it fun, and we also had a good time critiquing the appearances of celebrities: I thought Cate Blanchett looked amazing (as usual) and that Nicole Kidman and Renee Zellweger looked, well, scary. But that' just me.

And last but not least...

Am I the only one who thinks that Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel are HI-LARIOUS??



and

2 comments:

VoofaVoofa said...

Okay. I have no idea whatsoever who Sarah Silverman or Jimmy Kimmel are, but that was one of the funniest damn things I've seen in a long time.

Almost - almost! - makes me think watching TV once every couple years might be a good thing!

VoofaVoofa said...

Wait, I just watched the second one. Holy shit. Absolutely hilarious. Now I feel I must go back and watch all the clips under "About This Video."

Maybe, besides telling me all about the lead-up to these videos, they will tell me who in thee heck Jimmy Kimmel is to get all those stars to sing about f*cking Ben Affleck. I already read Sarah Silverman's life story on Wikipedia. Oh, Birdie, you are teaching me so much!