Friday, February 29, 2008

100 Things.

In honor of my 100th post:

100 things about me

1. My nickname growing up was Jaybird.

2. My dad still calls me that.

3. My astrological sign is Virgo.

4. I am married to a Leo.

5. Up until my sophmore year in college, I thought I was going to have a career in Music.

6. I ended up getting my degree in Humanities and writing an honors thesis on the role of mothers in 1970's horror films.

7. My favorite horror film from the 70's (that I've seen) is Rosemary's Baby.

8. I spent my senior year in high school in Denmark.

9. By the time the year was up, I was fluent in Danish, but now...not so much.

10. I got married at the age of 22.

11. I've known my husband since I was 16 but we dated off and on up until we got married.

12. I had 2 other serious boyfriends before I married my husband.

13. I'm glad I picked him. :-)

14. I've always had pets and I love animals.

15. I also love kids- I was a live-in nanny and a pre-school teacher during college.

16. I love to read.

17. I especially love victorian fiction: Dracula by Bram Stoker, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte...

18. My favorite movie is Empire Strikes Back, followed closely by Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...

19. Star Wars was the first movie I ever went to (in utero.)

20. I have 3 brothers. All are younger than me.

21. I get along with 2 of those brothers.

22. I am a recovering catholic.

23. I knew the church was wrong for me at a very early age and I refused to be confirmed at the age of 15.

24. It was the first time I'd ever seen my dad cry.

25. It was the right decision though- I have never wanted to go back. Its been 15 years.

26. I love to knit, but I'm not very good.

27. If there's one talent I wish I had that I don't, it would be the ability to draw and/or paint.

28. My first job was at a place called "Mark's In and Out Beefburgers."

29. I think I made $4.00/hr.

30. I love to travel.

31. Countries I have been to: Canada, Denmark, England, Finland, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, France, Austria, Italy, Estonia, The Czech Republic...

32. Countries I would still like to see: All of them! Especially New Zealand, Japan, South Africa

33. I really don't like most team sports.

34. I especially hate watching sports on TV.

35. I do, however, enjoy watching hockey and soccer live.

36. I love to run.

37. I also love hiking, bike riding, camping, snowshoeing, and canoeing.

38. I was born in Kansas, raised in Montana and Wyoming, and I got my college degree in Colorado.

39. I would like to go to graduate school.

40. I wonder if I'll ever get to.

41. My favorite color to look at is Blue.

42. My favorite color to wear is Black.

43. My second toes are longer than my big toes.

44. I hear that is a sign of intelligence. :-)

45. My number one pet peeve is when people chew loud and/or smack their lips. It makes me physically ill.

46. I also cannot abide snoring.

47. I am not very good at playing board games, card games, or doing puzzles.

48. I wish I was- these are all activities that the Husband's family members love to do.

49. I am very punctual.

50. I love coffee and love my organic decaf now that I'm nursing and not drinking caffeine.

51. I love coffee with cream but never sugar.

52. Chocolate is this girl's best friend.

53. My favorite non-chocolate candy is Hot Tamales.

54. I also love Good N' Plenty, which the Husband thinks is gross.

55. I can never pick a favorite song or musician/band.

56. That said, some of my faves are: Tori Amos, Johnny Cash, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Neil Young, Reverand Horton Heat, The Supersuckers, Tenacious D, Neil Diamond...I could go on and on.

57. I play the piano (sort of), the flute (my college instrument), the guitar (sort-of- I know lots of chords), and I played the saxaphone in jazz band in high school and college.

58. I have also had voice lessons.

59. In high school I was a member of the speech and debate team.

60. I was really, really good at debate. I love to argue :-)

61. I am a proud liberal.

62. I excersise my right to vote.

63. I enjoy reading and learning about politics but I could never be a politician.

64. I like most science fiction.

65. I am a nerd with a myspace page.

66. I also enjoy playing video games from time to time.

67. Not that I have any time for that sort of thing nowadays. :-)

68. I love sushi.

69. I also love mexican food, but not too spicy.

70. Road trips rule.

71. I kept my last name when I got married. (And my last name is now Otto's middle name)

72. I am a feminist.

73. I love to cook but I'm not that good at it.

74. Hence, I love watching the Food Network.

75. I also love to watch the reality shows on TLC: the tattoo shows and American Chopper.

76. Speaking of tattoos, I have 6 of them.

77. My next tattoo will be on my right arm.

78. I also have piercings: my right ear is pierced 3 times, my left is pierced 4, and I have a nose ring.

79. I did have my belly button pierced but I had to take that out when I got pregnant.

80. My husband is relieved by this because he always said that having my belly button pierced was too much like "a sorority girl."

81. I wish I was better at taking photographs. Honestly, I pretty much suck at it.

82. I love to take random classes.

83. I've taken classes in knitting, ikebana, yoga, and even belly dancing.

84. I was NOT good at the bellydancing.

85. I'm not religious but I love cathedrals.

86. I love art, especially religious art. Which is weird since, again, I'm not at all religious.

87. Museums are wonderful.

88. I love beer. But only good beer.

89. I'm a bit of a beer snob.

90. Red wine is ok too.

91. I used to be a smoker.

92. I have not smoked for 5 years.

93. I still need to lose 10 lbs to get back to my pre-baby weight.

94. I'm not stressing about this.

95. My best childhood memories involve road trips with my family: reading books out loud to eachother, singing songs, and spending time in the mountains...

96. I hope Otto's do too.

97. I have really blue eyes and people often ask me if I wear colored contacts. I don't.

98. I love pajamas.

99. I hate having cold feet, so I can never really sleep barefoot- even in the summer I usually wear socks to bed.

100. I have a serious lip balm addiction.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

WOW! You are so well-traveled and well-read. I'm a little intimidated! hee hee I love to wear black, too. It's definitely part of my uniform!