Tuesday, March 4, 2008

5 Months

Dear Otto,
You are now 5 months old. And then some, because I am kind of late posting this. You'll have to forgive me for that...we've been real busy. I know I always say that but between working full time, having you, and having a life (sort of) its just hard to keep up!





(Megan- that picture is for you- see how much we love The Office?!)

This month, you astonished me with your rapid growing and changing. You've started babbling ("babababababmamamamasalkdjfaoisehnfasnef" seems to mean "FEED ME") and you are increasingly alert and attentive- you look around as if you are trying to memorize all your surroundings. Hopefully this is not so you can go to court and divorce us for being bad parents who somehow let you get pink eye. (Yep. We are home with pink eye right now. Oh the joys.) At the doctor's office today (again, thank you, pink eye!) I weighed you- with your clothes on you were a little over 18lbs. Tubby.

The big news , however, is that you rolled over!! Yay! We were beginning to wonder when that would happen. You did it once before, actually, when you were really really little (like 8 weeks or so) but hadn't done it since. Finally, a week ago you very purposefully propelled yourself from your tummy to your back. And then looked at us like we were crazy for applauding like dorks. Whatevs- we were excited!





This month has been one of traveling and visits- you've seen your grandparents, uncles, an aunt, cousins, and friends and you are definitely a little schmoozer. But I love you for it.

I'd like to write more, but I just heard you poop your pants. And you just gave me that "Mama! I pooped my pants!" grin, so I guess I'd better go.






I love you, Poopie.

Mama

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Ahhhhhhhh! I LOVE THE SHIRT! That is TOO MUCH! hee hee hee.

YAY for the rolling. What a man! And yeah, AJ always grins at me when she does it up big, too. Must feel funny.