Thursday, March 6, 2008

We Matter!

OMG- for the first time in DECADES, Wyoming actually MATTERS in this election. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are speaking here today and tomorrow, respectively. The last presidential candidate to visit our fair state was Ralph Nader (who, let's face it, doesn't really count. Not really. Sorry, Ralph) and John F. Kennedy in 1963. Our caucus is Saturday, so there's just a whole lot of hoopla goin' on.

And I am PISSED because I will (probably) not be able to participate much. I really want to see Obama speak, but the rally is tomorrow night and I will have Otto (the Husband has a rock show in Colorado. That dillhole.) Plus the parking will suck, lines will be long, and it is FREEZING outside. So I can't really see standing in line in 0 degree weather with a 5 month old. You know?

And as far as caucusing on Saturday, same story. Long day, cold weather, baby.

But I will be doing all of it in SPIRIT and it is exciting nonetheless to have some of the action happening so close to home. As in 10 blocks away.

*wistful sigh*

2 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I TOTALLY feel your disappointment. Same reason I didn't get to go see Obama on his stop through town. Just too hard with the babies. In another life, yes, I would have been all over it.

And I know what you mean about how exciting it is when your state actually matters! Very exciting times.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Bill Clinton stopped by Cheyenne in 1992 and gave a speech at the airport. It was short, but it was something--and I think it may have actually been after he had already won the primary!