Thursday, June 26, 2008

9 Months

Dear Otto,

On Tuesday, you turned 9 months old. You've been out as long as you were in. Heh.

Here's the update:
You are SO CLOSE to crawling. Really. You can get on all fours, rock back and forth, scoot backwards...pretty much everything but crawl forward. You get so frustrated when you can't get to your goal. Stick with it, honey. You'll get it. Sooner rather than later, I think.





You are also starting to show more attitude every day. You get mad when I take something away from you or when I walk out of a room. You are suspicious of strangers. You laugh at all sorts of things- the dog, the cat, me looking at you funny, your Dad coming home from work. You are more into food, but look out: if you are done, you are DONE. No ifs ands or buts. The end.

Your 9 month appointment is not until next week, so I'll have to come back and post your stats. I'll predict right now that you are at least 21 lbs. Not sure how long you are, but I'll bet you are 90th percentile or higher. You're kind of a big little dude.

Our major breakthrough this month has been a beginning to weaning from co-sleeping. I originally thought we might go longer, but it just feels right. Neither you or I are sleeping real well lately and I think that sharing space has something to do with that. Right now, I put you down in your crib about 7:30 pm and then when you wake up (usually around 10 or 11) I bring you into bed with us. Baby steps. And, perhaps selfishly, I still really love waking up to your sweet, warm little self all snuggled up to me.



The weather has finally begun to cooperate and we are spending more and more time out of doors. You love animals (especially dogs) and are fascinated by vehicles going up and down the street. Just wait until we take you downtown to see the trains. Your little brain might explode.

I'm sure there is more to write...I'm drawing a blank. The main thing is that we love you so so much. You bring such light and joy to our lives- every single day.






Kisses,
Mama

No comments: