Tuesday, June 24, 2008

NewsBrief

* It's warm. Supposed to be 80 degrees today. Naaahsss.

*There is some exciting news to share: I got a promotion at work! This is good because a) we could DEFINITELY use more money and b) I was getting a little bored and it will be fun to shake things up with some new duties etc. So GO ME!

My interview was nerve wracking in the way that interviewing for good friends that you work with while pretending that you are not all good friends who work together can be. Yeah. Confusing.

*On the home front, we're having lots of company in the next couple of weeks: the husband's folks, my folks, my folks again, the husband's folks again...I daresay Otto will be grandparented- out after so much consecutive ooooohing and ahhhing and OMGHE'SSOADORABLE-ing.

The husband's folks were actually here last weekend and babysat so we could go out. (What is this you say, "go out?" I had pretty much forgotten the meaning of the phrase. ) I was, however, quickly reminded and also reminded that I've been over "going out" for quite some time. Hanging out with totally wasted retards slurring their words and sloshing booze all over someone's nice hard-wood floors is not really a good time. Well. I guess is can be, but I was NOT in the mood. And the husband and I had been fighting before we even left the house. That and we got a call at 11pm that Otto was up and royally PISSED so we had to go home. All in all, it was not the best time.

* Today is our 8th anniversary. We are going out to lunch. Romantic, I know.

* Otto is 9 mos. old today. He's been out as long as he was in. Heh. Letter to follow.

No comments: