Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Alllll byyy myyy seeeeeeelf. Don't wanna be..."

Today marks day 8 that The Husband has been gone on tour with his band. Naturally, I have mixed feelings about this. Primarily, I miss him a lot. Where else am I supposed to direct my pregnancy-hormone-induced rage when he is not here? Plus, cooking for one sucks. And you know, there's all that other stuff about him being my best friend/sexy rock n' roll lover yada yada yada.

On the other hand, being home alone has a certain charm. I've gotten so much housework done, its unreal. And funnily enough, the house is staying clean with just me there picking up after just myself. I've been knitting, reading, watching movies and generally doing nothing but what I want to do when I'm not at work. And at this stage of pregnancy, I can't say that the time to myself hasn't been kind of nice.

I will, however, be ready to see him when the tour van rolls into town on Saturday. Hopefully, he won't be too put off by the beginnings of a lovely, dark pink stretch mark I discovered yesterday on my hip...man- who knew pregnancy could be so sexy?

No comments: