Monday, July 23, 2007

News flash: I am a huge dork.

Ok, so we knew that. Anyhow, I was up and reading the new Harry Potter book by 9am on Saturday morning. The Husband and I are currently taking turns reading it. I know. DORKS.

So far, I am about 325 pages in and totally riveted. Its exciting, yo! Shit is going down and things are serious. And if you want to make fun of me, fine. I'm a confident enough nerd not to be bothered by your hatin'.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In other nerd-ish related news, I finished Otto's blanket this weekend and began knitting some organic cotton bathing cloths to wash his little bum with. Knitting is totally helping to calm my nesting instinct right now. I've been frustrated because I tried to get The Husband to help me put the crib together all weekend, a chore which he artfully managed to dodge. I know that we are planning on co-sleeping for the first few months, but I want that crib set up, dammit! I just want Otto's room to be all in order, is that so wrong?!?

Once that's done the only thing left is to order the carseat and stroller, which we need to wait to do until we get paid at the end of the month. Suddenly, September seems so close...I have an appointment with the midwife this afternoon and am going to bring my tentative birthplan along and have her take a peek at it. Only 8 (or so) weeks to go!

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh, not dorky at all, Birdie! Well-read and muy talented, it sounds like to me.
I also stressed over the crib being set up because at the time, I thought that was just where babies had to sleep!