Monday, December 17, 2007

So Far, So Good...

First day back at work. It is now 2pm and I've been here since 8am. So far, I'm doing alright. I've pumped twice without incident and I don't feel too heartsick. Last night, however, was another story entirely...I held and rocked Otto and bawled my eyes out for about 20 minutes and was a bitchy wreck the rest of the evening.

I actually get to leave in 10 minutes because the Husband has a meeting to go to. Which is good because I'm exhausted and I think I just leaked a little milk onto my blouse (thank goodness I had the foresight to wear a cardigan sweater!) Motherhood is SO glamorous!!

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh goodness. I know you have been dreading this day! But it sounds like you are holding up nicely! If it makes you feel any better, there are a couple of mamas who were my AP mentors in my mothering journey who are also work-outside-the-home mothers. They were so inspiring to me in showing how to make the most of the time you have with your children. I truly herald them as amazing AP mamas.

You are doing GREAT. Hang in there - I bet it gets easier with time.

I'm proud of you!