Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Xmas Hoopla

So, Megan didn't tag me persay, but I'm playing anyway because I'm bored at work and trying not to think about how much I miss my baby. Sniff.

Random Christmas Hoopla:
1. I love love love Xmas trees. The bigger, brighter and gaudier, the better.
2. The same goes for Xmas lights- while our house usually has just a few tasteful white twinklies, I secretly love the people who 'go all out.'
3. Even though I am no longer catholic, I cherish my memories of going to midnight mass with my family...there's something neat about singing carols in a church at midnight on Xmas with candles and incense.
4. My favorite Xmas movie is Christmas Story, closely followed by Christmas Vacation and Bad Santa.
5. My favorite Xmas special from childhood is Charlie Brown's Xmas.
6. This is the first year I have not crafted any gifts for anyone. (Unless you count having a baby, which I think his grandparents might...)
7. I am not a fan of fudge. Which is weird because I love chocolate. But its a texture thing. (I also cannot stand cheesecake, for much the same reason.)
8. The idea of Santa kind of creeps me out.
9. Each year of our marriage, Bob and I have made Eggnog French Toast and Mimosas for breakfast on Xmas morning.
10. We always give gifts to our pets. I know. DORKS.
11. My grandpa always gives me $100 for xmas, and I alway blow it on something totally unecessary.
12. Xmas cookies are the shiznit.

The Random Christmas Hoopla!Here goes:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word (which, for you bloggy newbies, is meme)
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.

I don't really have anyone to tag so I guess I'm breaking the rules there. But if you read this and wanna do it, do it.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I secretly love it when people go ALL OUT, too! Like just total Clark Griswold it up. We don't even do outdoor decor, but I love enjoying those who do. :)