Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Attitude Adjustment

My outlook is a bit better today, but I'm still finding myself leaning towards the negative. I figured that making a list of the things I have going for me, however, can only brighten my mood. Its worth a try, anyway!

Reasons why I should not be a big ol' crybaby throwing pity parties for myself all the time:

1. I have a great marriage. Sure we have our issues (and who doesn't?) but on the whole, my 7 year young marriage is going strong. We have, what I would term, a unique relationship in that we are both pretty independent (separate cars, bank accounts, last names) but we truly are eachother's best friends. Honestly, I think this comes out in pretty much everything we do. We have similar ideas about education (yes, please!), religion (no, thanks) and lots of other stuff that will be imperative when raising a kid.

2. I have great family relationships. I'm great friends with my parents and generally on good terms with my brothers. The Husband's family treats me like a long lost daughter and is generally wonderful, so no complaints with the in-laws.

3. I have a good job working with good people and really, really good benefits.

4. We have decent place to live. Granted, its not "ours" but we could have (and have had!) a much worse rental situation. As it is, the rent isn't killing us, the location is just right and there's plenty of room for baby.

5. I am in good health. I excersise everyday, eat right, and try to have a (mostly!) positive mental outlook. I have a feeling that if I hadn't been so fit when we got knocked up, this pregnancy might have been alot harder for me.

6. We have a new baby to look forward to. Now this one is a double edged sword. I know that I'm "supposed" to be all gaga-giddy over the whole thing, but the fact is that this was unplanned and a complete surprise. Alot of days, I think I am still struggling with this. But more and more, I'm starting to look forward to who this new little person will be and the relationship we will have with eachother. Of course I have anxiety (find me an 8 mos. pregnant woman who doesn't) but once he's here and healthy I think I will be in seventh heaven. At least until he starts mouthing off. :-)


Ok, I suppose I feel a little bit better. Hopefully I can shake these blues or whatever I've got going on here in the next day or two.

No comments: