Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cry Me a River

You know, the proud wannabe superwoman in me hates to admit this, but the third trimester thing is really kicking my ass. Some days (like yesterday) are fine- I have enough energy to get through the day, I'm wearing clothing that at least sort of fits and I'm in a postitive mental state. Then you have days like today where I'm pooh-bear with the little black raincloud following me around everywhere I go. So, in the spirit of throwing myself a little pity party, I present to you:

Reasons why I am pissy today:
1. I woke up at 3:30 am and could not get back to sleep. At all.

2. While I was doing yoga in the basement, I killed, like, 5 MILLION bugs crawling in the carpet, on the walls, ceiling, etc. Disgusting. (Ok so that's a slight exaggeration. But I did kill quite a few, like 7 maybe)

3. While showering I noticed at LEAST 4 more stretch marks, bringing the grand total up to something like five hundred and twelve.

4. Hardly anything fits me. I'm now too huge for most of my maternity clothes. I have, like, 1 top and a couple dresses that actually fit. But I'm so cheap, I have a really hard time going out and buying something that I will wear for (hopefully) only 5 weeks or so.

5. Everything hurts/aches. Especially my hips and crochtal region. Fun. And I have a nasty varicose vein on the back of my left knee that is positively painful when I stand up after sitting or laying down for any period of time. That and its super purdy.

6. Heartburn. Can't breathe. Someone's foot is in my rib cage.

7. The Husband tells me his band may have a show on my 30th birthday. So instead of a nice birthday dinner, I'd be sitting in a nasty bar watching everyone but me get drunk. Nice.

That's it for now, I guess. Tomorrow, I'll try to post a list of positives, I swear.

No comments: