Monday, April 14, 2008

Here Comes the Sun.

After a cold, kinda cranky weekend, guess what the high temp is today.....69 degrees!! Woo-hoo! Its about damn time. The sun is out, the birds are singing and Otto's hives are gone. Life is good.

Speaking of Otto- his tooth is so cute! Its just barely poking out of his gum and I can feel its sharp little edge with my finger. It doesn't seem to be bothering him too much- he might be slightly crankier than usual but he's handling it like a trooper. And, its warm enough today for him to wear a short-sleeved shirt and I know this sounds weird but his fat little arms are freakin' adorable. I haven't gotten to see much of them because its been so cold.

In other news, I bought a piano this weekend! Piano was my first instrument as a kid (I think I got my first lesson at age 3 or so) and its something I've really missed. Last week, we FINALLY sold the organ that my grandmother left me in her will*, so I had some money to spend that was earmarked for a music-related purchase. I ended up with a Casio Privia PX-100 Digital Piano which probably doesn't mean that much to you, but to me it means that I can play again on something that feels like a REAL PIANO as opposed to the dinky keyboard I've been playing up until now. Its nice and streamlined and will be a breeze to move compared to a "real" piano. Playing music is something I grew up doing and something I have not done enough in my "adult" life of late. I can't wait to get my chops back and (eventually) to give Otto lessons.

Its rare that I would say this and actually mean it but...Happy Monday!


*The organ is super cool in theory- it is a Hammond B3 from 1956...but it doesn't work. My grandmother meant well, but it was huge, cumbersome, and would have cost a fortune to repair. So the fact that someone was willing to buy it (for $1200.00, no less!) was pretty freaking awesome.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Wow! Great buy on the piano. Kudos! And we must, must, must have some chubby bubby in a t-shirt pics soon, mama. ;)