Friday, January 23, 2009

SUCKING THE LIFE RIGHT OUT OF ME

I'm so sleep deprived at this point that it feels like I'm walking around with a Pacific Northwest-worthy fog wrapped around my brain. My child is going through some kind of tortuous stage (again) where he is sleeping like shit (again). I keep telling myself "this too shall pass" a la all the parenting advice sites but experience tells me that yes, while this particular moment in time shall indeed pass, we have not, by a long shot had our last sleepless night.

For some reason, today that thought is making me want to say 'fuck this whole working mom thing,' pop open a can of Pabst and watch a What Not to Wear marathon. In my underwear.

But of course, I got up on 5 hrs of sleep, worked out, got myself and the little sleepless demon ready for the day, did the daycare drop-off, went to work myself, blah blah blah.

But you can't blame a girl for daydreaming about beer, a couch and TLC.

No comments: