Thursday, February 19, 2009

Teenagers in Love

Lifted from Dooce, this meme seems oddly appropriate right now during all of this marriage-centric stuff I have going on. Wonder if I got the husband to do it how many answers would be different?

What are your middle names? Julia and Lorin. Both after grandparents.

How long have you been together? This one is hard. We have been married for 8 1/2 years, were together for a year before that, but we were high school sweethearts before any of this started.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? I met him 4 days after I turned 16 years old. And we started dating pretty much immediately.

Who asked whom out? He asked me to a pre-school year dance. At the fire hall. We might as well have grown up in Mayberry.

How old are each of you? We're only 1 year apart- I'm 31 and he's 32.

Whose siblings do you see the most? Definitely his. They are all either in Wyo. or Colorado. Mine are scattered all over the damn place. It is interesting, though, that our families are structured the same way: Two die-hard catholic parents, one daughter (the eldest in both cases) and 3 younger brothers.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Honestly? Right now, it is trying to function as working (outside the home) parents. Its kicking our respective arses. I know we will get through it, find equilibrium and possibly even our sex drives again but right now, daily life is sort of a challenge.

Did you go to the same school? We both went to the same high school for one year. Then he graduated and moved away and broke my teenage heart. Heh.


Are you from the same home town? Not really. Sort of. He grew up there, I moved there when I was 16 and moved away 2 years later. Really I was just there long enough for us to meet and for me to be introduced to recreational drug use.

Who is smarter? He is smarter about lots of things. He is very book smart, has a fantastic vocabulary and is very good with logic. I'm better with people. It evens out. Sort of.

Who is the most sensitive? I plead the fifth.


Where do you eat out most as a couple? Does our living room count? Hee hee. When we are able to get out, we rotate between 2 or 3 of the good restaurants here in town. There's a little vegetarian place we really like. We do not have a lot of choice. If we could go anywhere and eat, though, it would be sushi, no question. Its just that to get a good sushi meal around here you have to spend at least an hour in the car, one way.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Missouri. Wow that's so sad. He's not really crazy about traveling and we are always broke...

Who has the craziest exes? Me, as far as I know. But I don't really know any of his exes...

Who has the worst temper? He does. Not to say I don't have one, but he gets very angry very quickly. Mine is more of a slow burn.

Who does the cooking? We share this pretty equally. He certainly enjoys cooking but so do i.

Who is the neat-freak? I wouldn't say that either of us is a 'neat freak' per say, but I'm usually the one who cleans house on the weekends. If I want help, I have to ask for it.

Who is more stubborn? I think its a tie.

Who hogs the bed? Probably me, completely unintentionally of course.

Who wakes up earlier? I do. On weekdays I'm up at 5:45 working out. And on weekends, I usually get up with the little monster.


Where was your first date? The afore mentioned dance. Gag.


Who is more jealous? Probably him.


How long did it take to get serious? We were pretty serious right away...in the way that only teenage lovers can be. Everything was DRAMA and FOREVER and OMG WE ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER...then we broke up for like 2 years. But then we got back together again. Then we broke up for 2 years again. Then we got back together. Then we got married...Its like a mexican soap opera! Only with more punk rock and whiskey instead of tequila...

Who eats more? He does, although I gave him a run for his money during the whole preganancy/breastfeeding thing.


Who does the laundry? I do. I have a thing about someone else washing my underwear.

Who's better with the computer? Definitely him. I pretend to know what I'm doing but he actually does.

Who drives when you are together? Used to always be him, no question. Since we have the little guy though, it seems to be more me since the car seat is in my car. Honestly, he is probably the better driver although I have only ever been in one crash that was NOT my fault (knock on wood)



I'm curious to read others' answers to these questions...Feel free to post your own answers in the comments or link to your blog...

No comments: