Friday, March 6, 2009

Fraught with Fecundity

I don't know if its spring fever or the fact that my kid has started to finally sleep through the night (so, therefore, I have too) or the phase of the moon or what, but lately I feel like my brain is crammed full of shit I want to get done. Projects to start, books to read, recipes to try...

And this stupid thing called A Day Job keeps getting in the fucking way of my dreams.

I think that once daylight savings time hits, the days will feel longer due to the extended sunlight and that might help a little. But right now I am reading 4 books, knitting my second pair of socks (try not to look so shocked, Mackenzie ;), designing my garden in my head, and mentally decluttering my basement.

I also have grand ideas of writing more, and art projects that may be eventually destined for Etsy.

Now that I think of it, I wonder if this fire under my ass has anything to do with my steadily increasing daily caffeine intake...

1 comment:

buffy said...

I bet it has a lot to do with spring and the days getting longer and all. I always want to crawl in a cave during the worst of the winter. The cold and dark zap my motivation almost completely. When things start to (slowly) get warmer and brighter, I find myself getting more and more excited about doing all the stuff I've been thinking about during all those freezing months.