Friday, February 26, 2010

5 things

Full disclosure: I stole this meme from The Red Velvet Girls blog because A. it looks fun and B. I'm trying to distract myself from doing other, more important but equally as tedious work.



5 Things I am looking forward to:

1) Going to the Red Wings/Avalanche hockey game with the husband and Otto this week and then the zoo the next day!...2) My mom coming to visit on her spring break (and thus saving us a full week of daycare costs!)...3) Reorganizing and cleaning up Otto's room this weekend...4) Spring!!...5) making our own curry from scratch. Nom nom.


5 Things I did yesterday:

1) Worked out: Jillian Michaels is kicking my butt!... 2) strayed (just a bit) off the No-S diet and had a small hot chocolate. So what? It was worth it...3) Watched the Olympics with my little boy. He calls skis "ice skating boards."...4) Made grilled pastrami and swiss sandwiches on dark rye bread. DELICIOUS...5) Read some guilty pleasure vampire fiction on my Kindle. Don't judge.


5 Things I wish I could do:

1) Travel more...2) get fresh sushi more often...3) work part-time and get to stay home with my little boy more!...4) Go somewhere warm. Even a couple of days would be nice! (this harkens back to #1)...5) take more long, hot, leisurely baths! They are one of my favorite things but usually there just aren't enough hours in the day.


5 Places I'd like to travel:

1) WARM PLACES...2) Japan...3) New Zealand...4) Alaska...5) ANYWHERE WARM.


5 Cute things I've found online lately:


Cute birds on Flickr: (this one from M Todd )















Robot vinyl wall decals. I just impulse bought one of these and a spaceship from the same seller for Otto's room.


If you decide to post your own 5 things, let me know in the comments!!! C'mon...you know you want to waste some time hunting for cute things on the internet! Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been here in a while because once again my computer crashed and I lost all my favorites. 2 things. Otto is very proably the most adorible munchkin ever, and I hate you because you have a kindle and I don't. Mwah. Love you.

Heidi