Monday, February 22, 2010

No S. And 300.

Holy shit, this is my 300th post. I'm kind of sorry I don't have something epic/splendid/affecting to write. But that wouldn't really be in keeping with the spirit of this blog, now would it? ;-)

* * * * * * * * *

In my on/off quest to get/stay healthy and fitting into all my clothes, I recently came across this diet.

Now, first off, the word "diet" is an immediate turn off to me. I am simply not interested or motivated to count calories, omit entire food groups, count points or anything else like that. I know those things work for some people and kudos to you if they do, but for me? Not so much. I like food. And cooking. And we don't eat crappily...we don't eat fast food, we do lots of fresh veggies and fruits and whole grains but also BUTTER and CHEESE and PASTA and mmmm...I'm hungry.

Maybe that's why this whole "No S" thing makes sense to me. The entire thing is, well, pretty easy. And really, just common sense. From the website- the diet in a nutshell:

"There are just three rules and one exception:

  • No Snacks
  • No Sweets
  • No Seconds

Except (sometimes) on days that start with "S""


And that's pretty much it. You can click the link and keep reading if you want. Not everything the author writes is all the politically correct or sensitive to people of all sizes, but the core idea makes sense to me. No snacks. No sweets. No seconds. Except on days that start with "S", which would be Saturdays, Sundays, and Special Occasions.

As you'll notice, if you click the link, the author has penned a book, but pretty much lays everything out on the website. Its intriguing! In fact, he deliberately makes the point that he feels spending money on fancy diet crap is silly.

Since I (all to easily) fall into the habit of medicating my 3:00 pm doldrums with snacks and I'm TERRIBLE about helping myself to seconds (sometimes thirds) because "it will never taste as good as it does right now!,"I like how the No S idea doesn't say you can NEVER snack, NEVER have seconds (or thirds, heh). It just provides some parameters for this behavior. I'm gonna try it. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be harder than it sounds...

No comments: