Friday, April 9, 2010

Looking Up

Not that things have been shitty or anything, but the last few days have just been...well...good.  Some reasons:

First, the Husband and I are both working out regularly and eating well.   It's nice to be on this journey together and exercising seems to help us both get rid of stress and crap feelings.  I've always known this about myself and have worked out pretty regularly throughout my adult life, but the husband is just now getting into it and the difference in his mood marked.  We are both sleeping well (except for when the little dude wakes us up, which is minimal.)

Speaking of, Otto is happy and growing and sweet (you know, apart from occasional two-year-old stubbornness, which is to be expected).   He's really into singing right now.  His favorites are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the theme song from the 1960's Spiderman cartoon.  He serenades me regularly and emphatically.  He still nurses once or twice a day which we are both okay with right now.  I'm really looking forward to summertime and weekend days in the park and swimming and hiking and camping and all that stuff.

As for the other 'baby,' Ruby is maturing and losing some of the obnoxious puppy behavior.  Her coat is a total mess, however, matted beyond repair even though I've been good about brushing her.  I've done some research lately and from what the internets say, its her puppy coat coming out and creating fluffy matted messes.   Or something.  From what I can tell, it will get better.  Anyway, we have an appointment for the groomers early next month to shear her like a sheep.  Heh.

Overall, things are looking up from the depths of winter.  The weather is (slowly) coming around to spring.  I saw a robin the other day and the snow is almost totally gone- just a few dirty patches in shady places remain.

Loveliness.

No comments: