Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just Blabbing.

I was going to post something about the horrible tragedy at the school in Virginia, but then Pam over at Musings of a Working Mom said what I was thinking better than I could. One can't help but wonder if the shooter hadn't had access to such a weapon if so many would be dead now.

-----------------------------------------------

Weekend-wise, it was a good one. I was able to drive down to Denver for a dinner-date with my Papa on Saturday night. And of course he did some very Dad-like things such as:
-insist on paying for dinner
-insist on buying me a book I've been wanting and a tube of my favorite lotion
-lecture me on how my tires are low and I really need to take better care of my car.

After dinner, I spent the night with a good friend and then drove home on Sunday.

And, (*looks around guiltily*) I took Monday off. As a mental health day. I am just feeling a little burnt out at the moment and it helped to have an extra day to myself. I slept in, did an hour and a half of prenatal yoga, caught up on some reading and did some baking (blueberry muffins and brownies...yum!) So it was a good day. Except for all that crap in the news.

----------------------------------------------

On the pregnancy front, I've been feeling more movement lately. I am 18weeks today. The movement still kind of freaks me out. (Don't laugh) But its just so weird to think of something alive and moving independently inside me. Guess you can tell I'm a first-timer, huh? Looking ahead to the ultrasound on May 7...by that time, I'll already be over halfway done!

I've been having secret fun starting registries for us on line. Its still early so really they are just lists that I'm using to help me keep track of products I've read reviews on, had recommended, etc. until we can check them out in person. But it has been fun making lists and thinking about all the stuff one little person needs. And slightly daunting. I'm trying to keep things as minimalist as possible (I can hear your skeptical laughter from here). Alot of it just seems like so much fluff, if you ask me. But its fun looking at onesies and carseats and imagining some little person occupying them at some point. Some little person made partly up of me.

I'm equally excited and scared shitless for the moment that happens.

1 comment:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Awwwwww, Birdie! I just love reading this! It reminds me so much of being pregnant with D.

What a nice daddy to take you out for a great evening. I LOVED the Happiest Baby book when D was a newborn - it helped us with our high needs baby immensely. And yummy! Country Apple!

I am proud of you for taking a day off to take care of yourself. I hope you will really treasure each day of being pregnant; being pregnant with your first is such a unique and amazing time.