Monday, March 26, 2007

Boring Weekend...

...And boy, was it. The weekend wasn't bad, persay, just very very dull. There was a party on Saturday night that ALL our friends were at (including the husband) except for yours truly because they smoke inside the house. Blah. Add that to me feeling ignored by the husband all weekend and there you have it. I feel like there is something going on with him but trying to get him to talk to me was like pulling teeth so eventually I just gave up.

On the brighter side, I did get to relax alot. I decided to take the weekend off from cleaning, as the in-laws are coming next weekend and we'll have to turn everything inside out to clean for their visit then. So why waste energy now? Seems logical to me.

Had a couple of long phone conversations with distant friends and made the Carribean Dream Pie from the Moosewood Cookbook (my favorite cookbook!) Also got a chance to watch this film, which was a pretty eye opening look at the film industry and specifically the MPAA ratings system. All a bit disturbing really, and remarkably like censorship. What struck me the most was that the members of the ratings committee are kept completely secret...supposedly so none of them can be "pressured" but also, none of them can be held accountable for their decisions. Strange.

So like I said, not a bad weekend, just...you know, boring.

No comments: