Monday, March 19, 2007

Enter Cybil, Stage Left

Yeah, so no one really warned me about how crazy pregnancy hormones can make you. I guess I'd heard people compare it to PMS or whatever but that really has not prepared me. Seriously, people should WARN you about this shit. It seems like one second I'm normal and feeling like "me" and then the next I am completely out of control- a mad raving lunatic.

My poor Hub- on Saturday he got to witness the full transformation and it wasn't pretty. One moment I'm whistling in the shower, loving life and my day off, and the next, I was sobbing uncontrollably because I had convinced myself that he never wants to hang out with me anymore now that I am 'no fun' (can't drink, can't stay up past 8pm, etc..) Gah. Being the sweetheart that he is, he immediately dropped what he was working on, took me to the park and then out to lunch. Of course, I was on the verge of tears the entire time (because, at that point, I had gone from feeling angry and hurt over a perceived injustice to feeling bad about being such a baby).

"Are you just going to cry all day?" he finally asked.

"Maybe," came my cryptic answer.

You know, gotta keep'em guessing.



Edited to add: On a sort-of related note, can someone please tell me when this simultaneous nausea and being completely STARVING will end? Because seriously. It's gettin' old. (I will be 14w tomorrow...)

No comments: